Kirkhill Bowling Club Kirkhill Bowling Club
Penicuik
KBC Logo

Established 1983
faces in trees
Menu
History of Kirkhill Bowling Club

Kirkhill Bowling Club was formed as a private club in 1983.
Prior to that it was known as Eskmills Bowling Club.

The bowling green was opened in 1926 by Mrs McDougal ,wife of the Chairman of Eskmills Paper Mill.  The Directors and Management of Eskmills Paper Mill made good provision for their workers leisure time by constructing a large recreation centre which included the bowling green together with tennis courts and a putting green. 

1926 Committee Eskmills Bowling Club Committee 1926
Back Row -
G. Henderson, G. Renton, R. Muir, T. McLeish, E. McD. Jardine

Front Row -
J. Thomson, R. Cairns, J. Jardine, T. Young, A. McIntosh

In 1938 the former Kirkhill School became an additional recreational facility with indoor bowling, snooker and a hall known as The Rooms provided for social gatherings for the workers.

A snippet from the Scotsman - 27 September 1950 27 Sep 1950 Scotsman snippet

Next

Contact us
If you want to get in
touch with us

Secretary

Match Secretary

Treasurer

Wellbeing and Protection Officer

Webmaster


Links
Bowls Scotland
Gents - District 16

Bowls Midlothian
Gents League


Privacy Policy © Kirkhill Bowling Club Penicuik 2021 Terms & Conditions